My kids love to help cook every chance they get. I have purposely started adding more kid friendly recipes throughout the week just so we have more opportunities to spend time together in the kitchen. Check out these five fun recipes that you and the kids can enjoy!
RAINBOW GRILLED CHEESE
| Makes: 1 serving |
- 2 slices of bread
- 5 Tablespoons of butter
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 Tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups of Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of flour
- food coloring
See instructions on how to make these here.
| Makes: 6-9 Servings|
- 2-3 Apples
- 1 8 oz block of Cream Cheese
- Food Coloring
- Slice your apples about 3/4″ thick. Use a knife, corer, or pastry tip to make a hole in the center.
- Color you cream cheese if you’d like. We just added a drop of neon food coloring to get these bright colors. Add sprinkles.
| Makes: 4 servings |
- 4 waffle cone bowls
- ½ cup chopped fruit (I used strawberries, blueberries, and banana)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (I used vanilla)
- ¾ cup Cheerios™ cereal, divided use
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 4 strawberry halves for garnish
- Divide the chopped fruit evenly among the bottoms of the waffle bowls. Top the fruit with 2 tablespoons of Cheerios™ and then add ½ cup of Greek yogurt over the cereal.
- Sprinkle the remaining Cheerios™, mini chocolate chips, almonds, and sprinkles over the tops of each waffle bowl.
- Garnish each bowl with a strawberry half and serve immediately.
Recipe and photo via Dinner at the Zoo
| Makes: 1 serving |
- Greek Yogurt
- Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- Begin by peeling the banana.
- Using a butter knife, spread a layer of Greek yogurt on the outside surface of the banana.
- Place your Fruity Pebbles in a shallow dish. Roll your banana in the Fruity Pebbles, until fully coated.
- Place banana on a plate. Slice into “sushi” sized pieces. Arrange and top with blackberries.
Recipe and photo via Raising Whasians
Don't Miss A Single Thing!
Subscribe to get our latest content, reviews and early access to giveaways!