Image Sarah Dorweiler/Unsplash
Please read our copyright and privacy statement here.
Unlike many items you may purchase for your home, baskets always seem to be the one thing that is so multifunctional (in use and look), that no matter what your personal aesthetic is, you will always be able to find one to fit your needs.
With great ease and panache, baskets have a way of keeping your home nice and tidy, while adding a certain flair to the room they are in. Similar to pillows, they’re are an easy and inexpensive way to decorate your or refresh your home.
Whether you are using a large oversized basket to store kids shoes, books, or extra linens; if you prefer wooden or colorful-baskets make great statement pieces for any home.
Here are 6 great ways to use baskets in any room in your home.
- Bathroom: Instead of using a plastic laundry bin, try using a woven basket. If you have a trash can in your bathroom, instead of the same regular (hideous) bathroom trash cans a small deep basket is also a great option.
- Kitchen: If you have a cluttered or unorganized kitchen pantry, baskets are a great way to help organize them. Items such as packaged snacks and dried pasta are perfect for putting into baskets that will be sure to make your pantry the envy of the neighborhood.
- Living Room: For this room, baskets work perfectly for storing throws and pillows.
- Dining Room: Baskets set neatly in corners can hold plants and other decorative items to add flair to any room.
- Entry: One of my favorite basket uses is to set one up for each child in the family. This one-stop shop, allows my kids to have all of their items in one spot to quickly get out of the house. For this area, baskets are great to use if you want to store seasonal items such as sunblock, or cold-weather items.
- Den/Playroom: For this space baskets are the perfect weapon to defeat clutter. Toys, books, pet items are the perfect culprits to keep hidden in varying size baskets.
Do you use baskets to decorate? If so let me know how!
Don't Miss A Single Thing!
Subscribe to get our latest content, reviews and early access to giveaways!