Fall is right around the corner, and one of our favorite fall and winter meals is a nice bowl of homemade chili! Here is a great chili recipe with a little bit of my own flair added to it!
| Spicy & Sweet Homemade Chilli|
| Makes 2-4 Servings|
- 2 pounds hamburger (or turkey)
- 1 can red kidney beans (rinsed, 15 oz)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1 can water (28 oz)
- 1 onions (large, minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced or pressed)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional – depends on how spicy you want it)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- Over medium heat, cook ground meat in a large pan with the minced onion until browned. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Drain the meat.
- In a large sauce pan or stock pot over medium heat, add meat (with the onions and garlic) and mix with all other remaining ingredients except the kidney beans.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until you’ve reached the desired thickness (or if using a slow cooker, cook on high for 4 hours).
- Add kidney beans and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese & sour cream and serve with a side of cornbread.
Don't Miss A Single Thing!
Subscribe to get our latest content, reviews and early access to giveaways!