There is no denying just how much negativity there is in the world right now. Over the last several months I have written about different ways in which you can increase your happiness and just simple ways to live a fuller life.
As I continue to celebrate my “Jesus” year, I have taken the extra steps of purging anything and one from my life who does serve a greater good. On top of that, I have also chosen not to even acknowledge things that don’t (meaning once I rid of them, I put it out of my mind for good). The more that I have begun to let go of, the better I have felt. It hasn’t been easy by a long shot.
Joy is you at the deepest level, and your joy is one with the infinite timeless joy of this unbound universe.-Robert Ellwood
There are friends that I decided to let go, my church home was also on the chopping block. I have taken a long hard look at what will bring me joy in this season of my life. With everything that has come to pass two things have stood out to me as being most important; being intentional and being present.
By being intentional, this means that everything I do has to serve a purpose. Just as I want to keep only things and people in my life who serve a greater good, I want to ensure that I everything I am doing serves a greater good as well.
One thing I can say that I have never done is taken the time to stop and smell the roses. Our family “daycation” trip, is the first thing we have done “cation” wise in years. It’s been all work and no play for the longest for our family. I want to make sure that as I get older and my children, that we all have memories that we can laugh and look back on for years to come.
Being content in my own skin
I have spent entirely too much of my time comparing myself to others, and wishing that I was at a station in life equal to that of my peers. This does nothing but send me into a spiraling depression. I don’t compare myself to anyone anymore, and that in itself has been a major blessing and source of joy in my life.
Living up to the expectations of others
You can’t have and do it all. You just can’t. The sooner I realized that the happier I was. I have had to learn to live my life for me and no one else. So I don’t have the biggest house or the newest car, that is okay. I am comfortable living within my means, with what I have. The key is not letting anyone shame you for thinking that you have to live a certain way in order to fit their ideals of success.
Here are 10 ways you can live a joyful life.
1. Always try to stay positive, this may not be easy, however, by staying positive with everything that goes on in your life you will start to see it radiate to those around you. Positivity is infectious. If you carry a positive attitude around your home, your spouse and children will as well.
2. Make as many memories as possible. You want to have as many memories as possible, especially while not only are your children still young, but you are as well.
3. Read, it is one of the best ways to not only help unwind but to further knowledge on a particular subject.
4. Clean your home, a clean home means a clear mind.
5. Set your intentions early in the day. Do you have a purpose for the day lined up? If not make not just one but three. Whether it is to call and check on a sick friend or relative or meeting up with someone for lunch.
6. Listen to your inner voice. Do this often, your inner voice is usually right about things. So don’t be afraid to listen.
7. Unplug and unplug often. Technology has become so addictive that we often don’t take time away from it anymore. Spend time outside with loved ones or just yourself.
8. Appreciate the small things. Sometimes we get so caught up in the big picture that we don’t take the time to appreciate the little things that happen. Make it a point to be grateful for all of the little things going on.
9. Take creativity liberty with spaces in your home. Beds make great trampolines, kitchens great dance floors, and living rooms awesome places for camp outs.
10. Celebrate everything. Dress up, drink wine (or sparkling water), even if you have no place to go.
Don't Miss A Single Thing!
Subscribe to get our latest content, reviews and early access to giveaways!