Thank you CAPRI SUN for sponsoring this post! You can find CAPRI SUN’s four new All Natural Ingredient and No Sugar Added* drinks at most grocery retailers nationwide, including local grocery stores, mass merchandisers, and club stores.
There is no doubt that kids absolutely love to spend time with their dads. Dads are often seen as the fun, easy going, let-them-do-whatever-they-want type. In our family, mom is with the kids most of the time. So, when I get home from work, I try my hardest to alleviate the amount of work she has, as much as possible. This includes keeping the kids while she runs errands and letting her take Saturday or Sunday (or both days) to herself to just relax.
Spending time with my kids on a regular basis has always been a priority of mine. Every week I try to make time with them so that they feel special, and that we do activities that are not only seen as playtime with dad (you know doing the stuff mom wouldn’t normally think of letting them do), but that also encourages the use of their imagination and father-child bonding.
There are times when I will see other dads puzzled on what to do when spending time with their kids. This doesn’t have to be the case. I get it, if it’s not something that you always do, then you may end up stuck. Or sometimes you just may need help thinking out of the box (even I get stumped on what to do with them at times). Here is a great list that shows 20 fun and creative ways that you can spend time with your kids.
- Build a fort with boxes, blankets, couch cushions, you could also use chairs! Let your kids’ imaginations run wild.
- Draw or finger paint.
- Fun board games that are age appropriate and give you all a chance to interact with one another (even one that teaches them new concepts). Better yet, you can use this time to create your own game!
- Piggy-back rides!
- Dress up, this isn’t only for girls, and I love dressing up in old clothes or better yet, letting my kids “create”’ clothes out of old newspapers and even toilet paper.
- Play hide-and-seek.
- 007, Spy games have always been fun for me to play even as a kid. I love being able to take this time and share a fun game I played with my brothers with them. With this activity the possibilities are endless!
- Read a fun book together
- Create your own characters and act them out.
- Have a puppet show.
- Build something out of items around the house
- Build a boat and have a boat race.
- Wash the car (why not throw in a chore?).
- Make a fun snack together to share.
- Take a walk around the neighborhood.
- Remember pretending the floor was hot lava or shark-infested waters? Your kids will love that.
- Have your own obstacle course and relay race in your backyard.
- Create sidewalk chalk art.
- Play basketball or another sport together.
- Make dinner for mom together.
Did you see what these had in common? Just because they are hanging with dad, that doesn’t mean we just turn on a movie or let the kids play video games or with a tablet/phone. I know that I am my kid’s first and best example of what to do. Playtime is important to your child’s development and it also shapes how they view the world.
You know what else is important? Making sure that when I am with my kids I continue with the same healthy habits that my wife does when it comes to feeding the kids. Being with me doesn’t mean that I allow them to pig out on junk food.
I choose to give my kids CAPRI SUN varieties made with All-Natural ingredients and has no added sugar *(which is a major plus for us) or high-fructose corn syrup, no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, like CAPRI SUN Fruit Refreshers, Organic, 100% Juice, and Fruit & Veggie Blends.
CAPRI SUN introduced four new products and they still have the same great taste that my kids love and I am sure that yours will as well.
- NEW CAPRI SUN Fruit Refreshers: A convenient beverage made with a simple combination of all-natural fruit juice and filtered water that has an awesome taste kids love without the sugar that mom doesn’t want. Fruit Refreshers also have 50% less sugar than the average leading fruit juices**
- CAPRI SUN Organic: Certified USDA Organic fruit drink blend aimed at helping parents strike the right balance between what their kids want to drink and what parents feel good about serving.
- CAPRI SUN 100% Juice: Served in the classic CAPRI SUN pouch, 100% Juice is a refreshing juice drink offering a ¾ cup of fruit juice per pouch.
- CAPRI SUN Fruit & Veggie Blends: Previously known as Super V, CAPRI SUN Fruit & Veggie Blends is packed with yummy fruit and veggie juices, giving kids delicious fruit juice with ½ cup of fruit and veggie juice per pouch.
Do you want to know what the best part about the new CAPRI SUN drinks is? Provides the same great taste without all of the things we don’t want in our kid’s drink. The brand shows that they have continued to innovate and listen to consumers, and knows that parents want to feel good about what they give their kids to eat and drink. That is a major plus for my family.
At the end of the day, for any parent looking to spend time with his/her kids just know it doesn’t have to be anything out of this world or elaborate. The only thing your kids need is you. Just being there with them and listening is enough to make memories with them that will last a lifetime. There is no right way to spend time with them, just do whatever works best in your family.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Don't Miss A Single Thing!
Subscribe to get our latest content, reviews and early access to giveaways!