Can I introduce you the literally the best strawberry cheesecake recipe ever?
I have to admit that I am a major cheesecake fan. Mostly because of the Golden Girls. So I know that sounds super ridiculous, however, nothing sounds as amazing as a late night session indulging on a slice of cool cheesecake. I wanted to share this cheesecake recipe that essentially solidified my relationship with my husband.
Okay, yes, that is silly.
However, he absolutely loves cheesecake and by our third date (which was on his birthday), I made him one, and he fell in love with it and me. 🙂 Since his birthday a few days ago, I figured I would hop into the kitchen and make yet another.
I hope you enjoy!
- 3 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Sliced strawberries, for garnish
- 15 graham crackers, crushed
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 c. strawberry preserves
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325º and grease a 9” springform pan with cooking spray. Make cheesecake mixture: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until combined. Add eggs and beat until combined, then add sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest. Divide cheesecake mixture into four bowls.
- Make crust: Stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, and salt until completely moist. Spray a 9” springform pan with cooking spray and press graham mixture into prepared pan until packed. Pour cheesecake mixture over crust.
- Bake until slightly jiggly in the center, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Let cool 1 hour in oven, then refrigerate until completely cool, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Make glaze: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine strawberry preserves and lemon juice. Whisk constantly until the mixture is smooth.
- Top the cheesecake with strawberries, then brush the glaze over strawberries. Slice into wedges and serve cold.