I can’t believe it’s almost Halloween. It literally feels as if 2017 has flown right by! This my favorite time of year, and now that it’s officially fall so I can finally break out the seasonal decor and recipes.
Before the Halloween parties head into full swing, I decided to try out a few new Halloween themed treats. Walmart already had out the Halloween decor and while there I saw that Butterfinger has an awesome new candy called Butterfinger Skulls, so of course, that meant the wheels in my head started turning!
Butterfinger Skulls Halloween Recipes
I picked up the regular Butterfingers, along with the Butterfinger Skulls, headed home and quickly got to work! (I seriously couldn’t contain my excitement and I wanted to make sure I was done before the older kids got home).
Butterfinger Brownie Goo
So truthfully they were supposed to be regular brownies. However, after a mishap (i.e. wrestling with my two year old and forgetting I have something in the oven), I decided to revamp and use what I had left and created goo instead (well it sort of created itself!).
- Butterfinger Bars (you can crush them, however, I didn’t)
- 2 1⁄4cups flour
- baking powder
- brown sugar
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, combine butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture and 1 cup of crushed butterfingers bars.
- Spread in greased 13×9 inch baking pan. Sprinkle remaining crushed Butterfinger bars over top of batter.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes or until done.
Once everything is mixed bake on 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. In order to get the extra sticky/tackiness of the brownie make sure you place whole bars and bake for 40-45 minutes.
This was done on a complete whim. My kids absolutely love pretzels, and I wanted a neat way to incorporate the two. I will say I did different variations of this, with different brands of pretzels, and the square ones worked the best.
- Butterfinger Skull Cups
- White Cookie Icing