So we don’t really get a lot of snow in the south. But last week we did! Snow or no snow, the winter can be a bit blah. If you are looking to get rid of the cabin fever and have some fun (indoors and out), you’re not alone. Try our these fun activities to do with your kids, instead of sitting around driving each other crazy.
- Make homemade hot cocoa with marshmallows.
- Go sledding together. (Don’t forget to bundle up and bring the bike helmets for added safety!)
- Grab some paper and make paper snowflakes! It’ll be fun to see the different designs everyone comes up with!
- Go bowling (for younger kids you can ask for the bumpers to be let down).
- Go to a museum.
- Incorporate science into your day. Make a graph and track the high and low temperatures. You can also make predictions about what it will be for the next week.
- Go roller skating.
- Play your favorite board games.
- Make bird feeders using pine cones.
- Make cards for nursing home residents and deliver them together.
- Visit your local library and check out books on winter themes. Then come home and take turns reading to one another. Bonus: Record yourself reading stories. This way when you are too exhausted to do so, you can play the recording as your kids look through the book themselves.
- Fill a spray bottle with colored water and write in the snow. This is a great way for young kids to practice their letters.
- Round up your old winter coats and clothing and donate them. If you know of a local shelter that will allow you to pass them out that would be a wonderful activity to do as family.
Don't Miss A Single Thing!
Subscribe to get our latest content, reviews and early access to giveaways!