Since having my
I decided that this year I would take control of my weight. Here are a few ways that I have planned this year to get a handle on my weight so that I can step in 2020 a happier, healthier me!
- Try a new sport. Ever thought of doing water aerobics or taking a spin class? Local YMCA’s, as well as many others, will be holding special events nationwide. Take this time to try a brand new class.
- Try a new workout. Short on time try a 15-minute kettlebell workout. 15minutes is plenty of time to get in your daily workout. The average kettlebell workout burns up to 20 calories minute!
- Schedule a health check. Book a doctor or nurse for a well-woman checkup and any preventative screenings that might be eligible for your age group. Staying on top of any required tests and health concerns now can save you a lot of stress, time and money in the future.
- Give yourself a beauty day. DIY facial, wrap or mud bath. Today is all about women and self-care. Take time out for yourself.
- Eat healthily. Your body is your temple. Make today the day you tell yourself you’re going to start a healthy lifestyle. A healthy diet can go long ways towards bone health.
- Take a nap. There are numerous studies on the benefits of a restful sleep. Take a nap and reenergize yourself.
Changing my eating habits
The kids and I are constantly on the go, so I often find myself stopping at restaurants or running into a gas station to grab a snack (usually something unhealthy). Over the last few months, I have gotten better at making sure that I keeping the healthy habits that I’ve worked so hard to instill, even while I am the go.
Drink more water
It’s the summer. It’s the south. This should be a no-brainer, but it’s not always. Being pregnant it’s important that I keep my body properly hydrated.
Limit my caffeine intake
It’s suggested that you limit your overall caffeine intake to 200mg and best to check with your doctor on what is recommended for you. My doctor allows me to have 1 cup of coffee a day — but don’t forget caffeine isn’t just found in coffee!
Bring my own snacks
Being gone most days from 7 am until nearly 8 pm (if we are lucky), can wreak havoc on my eating habits. By packing my own snacks, I can make sure that not only am I eating when I am supposed to but that I am eating properly.
One of my favorite snacks to bring along is Great Day Farms Hard Boiled Eggs. Not only are they an excellent source of protein, but its also a great addition to your meal-prepping routine to stay healthy during this new year.
I love them as a tasty topping for my salads, snack, post-workout snack, or when I just
Want to give Great Day Farms Eggs a try (please say yes!)? You can head to your local Walmart and purchase the 2-pack or 6-pack of Great Day Farms Hard-Boiled Eggs using these great offers from Ibotta: Earn $0.25 off of the 2-pack and $0.50 off of the 6-pack when you purchase at Walmart.
Don't Miss A Single Thing!
Subscribe to get our latest content, reviews and early access to giveaways!