Now that baseball season has started, it’s time to break out the Instant Pot! Since I literally typing this post in between practices, I am going to keep it short.
If you are always on the go like we are, this is a simple recipe that you can put on first thing in the morning to have ready for dinner.
While it’s a simple meal, I do want to point out that the cook time will vary depending on the size of the chicken.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know! Also, if you’d like to see more Instant Pot recipes, let me know!
Don’t own an Instant Pot? Check out my Amazon Storefront for a great selection!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 sweet red onion - cut in half and sliced thin
- 1 large can of crushed pineapple, including juice
- 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 bottle of Kansas City Masterpiece honey BBQ sauce
- Garlic salt
- Seasoned pepper
- Set your Instant Pot to the Saute setting, and place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the stainless steel pot, season with garlic salt and seasoned pepper and brown on both sides for about 6 or 7 minutes, or until golden brown.
- When chicken breasts have been Saute'd on both sides, turn off the Saute setting.
- Add the onion slices, crushed pineapple, including the juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and BBQ sauce.
- Stir ingredients to blend, and place lid on INSTANT POT until it beeps and locks. Make sure the Valve is turned to 'Sealing' or 'SEAL', and push the POULTRY button on the Instant Pot, and let chicken cook until the Instant Pot beeps, and goes to the 'KEEP WARM' setting.
- Let the Instant Pot automatically build and release the pressure for this dish.
- Once the Keep Warm button is on, and the counter begins to count up, make sure the Valve is all the way down, and with a pot holder, turn the Valve to release, just to make sure the pressure is completely released.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot, and stir the chicken.
- Let the chicken cool a bit, and then shred chicken with two large forks, and toss in sauce. You can serve this on buns, rolls, or toasted bread.
Don't Miss A Single Thing!
Subscribe to get our latest content, reviews and early access to giveaways!