When it comes to making quick and easy meals, I often find myself stumped on ideas. I have a family full of ferocious eaters. From my husband down to my children. It seems that no matter what I try and cook for them it is never enough. One Sunday afternoon however, I found a winning combination that my family loved and that filled them up! (there were even leftovers for the next day).
I have tried to steer clear of out 2017 normally food schedule (lasagna, fried chicken, pizza, etc). I promised this year I would attempt to shake things up a tad bit. At least to the best of my abilities.
What I loved about this particular recipe is that it took about 30 minutes to make, which was perfect, because it can be a great meal to make during the week when I am looking for something to cook.
| One Pot Southern Creamy Chicken & Mac|
skinless boneless chicken breasts (this recipe uses grilled, although we have done it with breaded chicken as well)
Salt and pepper, to season
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 small yellow onion chopped
3 cloves garlic finely diced
1/3 cup white wine
9 oz sun dried tomato strips in oil
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken broth
3 cups half and half
3 cups elbow macaroni uncooked
3 cups baby spinach leaves
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated cheese Cheddar
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium heat.. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika. Once seasoned, add chicken to pan and cook on both sides until golden brown. Once chicken is cooked set off to side.
2. Add butter, onion, white cooking wine and garlic to separate skillet. Cook until onion is transparent. Stirring occasionally. Add sun dried tomatoes.
3. At 3 tablespoons of flour. Then add broth and half/half cream along with salt and pepper. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
5. Add macaroni and stir occasionally, reducing heat slowly over a ten minute period. Once pasta is tender remove from heat and add cheese, stirring quickly.
6. Top with chicken and serve!
If sauce is too thick slowly add in more half/half. increasing as needed to achieve desired thickness.
Don't Miss A Single Thing!
Subscribe to get our latest content, reviews and early access to giveaways!