If you would have asked me ten years ago, would I ever think of making a quiche with shredded hash browns, I would have emphatically said “NO!”. However, my wonderful husband opened my eyes one day and I have never looked back.
About five years ago while pregnant with Isla, I became obsessed with having quiche. Pregnancy cravings aside, it was literally an obsession. During that time I experimented with all types of quiche.
Needless to say, by month 5 my husband was a bit put out with having regular quiche, and one day he went in the kitchen and got creative, and then it was love at first bite.
One of our favorite ways to make this dish is using Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hashbrowns. This recipe is simple to make and doesn’t take a lot of time which, I absolutely love. What I love about Simply Potatoes Hashbrowns is that they are made with always fresh, never frozen potatoes that go from farm, to fridge, to fork. This means not having to wait to thaw them out in order to cook.
One important thing to remember (that I totally forgot) was the grease the pan when cooking this. I prefer to use a castiron skillet when making my quiches. This makes it so the hash browns don’t stick (obviously), besides, who wants to spend that much time in the kitchen afterward scrubbing dishes?
Once the skillet is greased, lay the Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hashbrowns in the bottom and on the sides as if it were a pie crust. Next add in chopped breakfast sausage, mushrooms, and spinach. What’s great about quiche, is that you can literally add any ingredients that you want, so if these aren’t your cup of tea, you can easily get creative. Lastly, add cheese to the top, then pour the egg and milk mixture into the quiche.
Bake the quiche on 350 for about 45 minutes.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
|Passive Time||1 hour 5 minutes|
- 1 Package Simply Potatoes®Shredded Hashbrown
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 chopped sausage
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzerella
- 1/2 cup Spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1. Preheat oven to 375. Coat bottom of skillet with olive oil. Combine eggs, milk and salt and pepper to taste and whisk, set to side when done.
- 2. Add the hash browns, pressing down tightly on the bottom and sides so it forms similar to a pie crust.
- 3. Add sausage, mushrooms, spinach & cheese (layer cheese directly on top of hashbrowns, and then again on top of the other ingredients).
- 4. Add egg and milk mixture to crust.
- 5. Cook on 350 for 35-45 minutes. Making sure that the crust is done and the center is fully cooked.
- 6. Allow to cool, then serve.