There isn’t a better way for us to spend a rainy Saturday than doing a fun STEM project with the kids!
We are always looking for exciting ways to engage the kids in a fun screen-free activity.
Intelino smart train makes the train playtime more magical and exciting than ever.
Having the appeal of a child’s first train set, much like my own from childhood, the intelino smart train, with the updated smart features, is a fun twist in a classic toy that really allows kids to have more control over it.
I love how the Intelino Smart Train is more than just playtime!
Intelino provides a basic instruction leaflet that is enough to get you going. There is also an instruction card for the action snaps that explains what colors and sequence of color can be used to provide instructions to the train like turn left, or right, or increase speed, or decrease speed, etc.
There are sensors located underneath the engine car read the action snaps and know what to do. The intelino Smart Train is interactive, intuitive, and intelligent for hands-on play. The small plastic titles can easily be placed on and off the train tracks and will command the train to perform different commands, such as speed up, slow down, or change directions.
“With the emerging importance of early STEM education, intelino promotes children to play smarter from a very young age, builds confidence and naturally fosters their interest in STEM. The familiarity of the toy train experience overcomes STEM intimidation and quickly engages children to play and have fun. And the advanced technology features such as a powerful 32-bit ARM processor with Bluetooth Smart connectivity and sensory interactivity enable screen-free and connected play modes and experiences for kids and train fans of all ages.”
Kids are learning how to code, without actually being in front of a device! If you are a parent who is concerned about screen time the same as I am, this is a major win/win!Intelino provides a basic instruction leaflet that is easy to read, so the kids were pretty much able to start putting it together on their own.
The instruction card for the action snaps explains which colors and sequence of color can be used to provide instructions to the train like turn left, or right, or increase speed, or decrease speed, etc. The sensors underneath the Engine Car read the action snaps and know what to do.
The train comes with 17 default action snap commands! So kids can play around with varying speeds as well as actions for their smart train.
- Packed with sensors enabling enhanced interactivity and precise control
- Screen-free and connected play modes for kids and train fans of all ages
- Develop STEM and coding skills through engaging play-based activities
- App-based Autopilot and Manual drive modes with a dashboard displaying the train’s actual speed, distance traveled and other real-time action alerts
If you have been looking for a way to introduce kids to coding, but aren’t sure how to do it, the Intelino Smart Train is the perfect way to go.
Tynker has a great list of reasons why kids should learn coding.
Coding Improves Academic Performance
- Math: Coding helps kids visualize abstract concepts, lets them apply math to real-world situations, and makes math fun and creative!
- Writing: Kids who code understand the value of concision and planning, which results in better writing skills. Many kids even use Tynker as a medium for storytelling!
- Creativity: Kids learn through experimentation and strengthen their brains when they code, allowing them to embrace their creativity.
- Confidence: Parents enthusiastically report that they’ve noticed their kids’ confidence building as they learn to problem-solve through coding!
Coding Builds Soft Skills
- Focus and Organization: As they write more complicated code, kids naturally develop better focus and organization.
- Resilience: With coding comes debugging – and there’s no better way to build perseverance and resilience than working through challenges!
- Communication: Coding teaches logical communication, strengthening both verbal and written skills. Think about it: learning code means learning a new language!
Coding Paves a Path to the Future
- Empowerment: Kids are empowered to make a difference when they code – we’ve seen Tynkerers use the platform to spread messages of tolerance and kindness!
- Life Skills: Coding is a basic literacy in the digital age, and it’s important for kids to understand – and be able to innovate with – the technology around them.
- Career Preparation: There’s a high demand for workers in the tech industry; mastering coding at a young age allows kids to excel in any field they choose!
Have you introduced your kids to coding or early stem projects? Let me know in the comments or follow me on social @NatashaVBrown and let’s chat!