We all know how important it is to get a good night’s sleep. If you are having trouble sleeping at night, it could be due to a combination of factors; aside from a spouse who snores like a freight train (like mine), the main culprit could be your mattress.
They say that sleep is the key to having the happiest baby on the block, but we can’t forget about mom and dad as well. If your kids are the cause for your late nights and tossing and turning it’s time take a look at what you are sleeping on.
Signs of Wear & Tear
It’s important to know that buying a mattress is a big investment, but it is also an investment in your health. A reputable brand might be worth the extra money. If you feel like you mattress isn’t holding up like it should, here are a few things that you should check for:
- You are uncomfortable when you lie down and wake up tired and achy.
- You see visible signs of wear and tear in your mattress. There is sagging or you notice lumps. You can hear the bed springs when you lie down.
- You’ve tried rotating it or flipping it but to no avail. It still doesn’t feel more comfortable.
- You suffer from allergies and have had the mattress for a long time. If you have not been using protective, allergy-reducing covers, dust mites could pose a problem. Even the cleanest of beds can have dust mites. There are other ways of addressing the dust mite problem, but it helps to start with a clean, mite-free mattress.
- You are older than 40 and have been sleeping on the same sleep surface for around 10 years. Your body becomes more sensitive to pressure points with age. Pressure points can lead to tossing and turning and disturbed sleep, which can be bad for your overall health.
My NECTAR Mattress Experience
I was lucky enough to be chosen to test out NECTAR Mattress for the last few weeks. And I have to say, if you are looking to replace your mattress, or if you just want a mattress upgrade period, then NECTAR is definitely the way to go!
The mattress arrived rolled up. Yes, you read that correctly, rolled up.
While the mattress was pretty heavy to move (it was 74 lbs), once we got it to the bedroom and situated on the bed, everything else just fell into place. We (and when I say “we” I mean my husband), unzipped the two giant bags the mattress arrived in and then proceeded to cut the first outer layer of plastic off. Once that was done, we unrolled the mattress to take a look, and to make sure it fit with our box spring.
After a few minutes, the NECTAR mattress inflated on its own, which the kids thought was the coolest thing in the world. It’s important to note that it took about three hours for it be full size. I also saw in a couple of YouTube videos where people said there was a smell, however, my husband and I never noticed anything, but in case you do, it’s completely normal. In the photo above you see two pillows that also came with the mattress. The pillows only took about 45 minutes before they were full size.